Thursday, March 20, 2008

Button Vest (Of button holes...)

Although this entry is short, the actual sewing involved is monotonous. It does not help that the sewing machine I am using is also being annoying with its button hole stitch. Ah oh well, at last count I have 30 button holes to sew (12 at each side and 3 at each shoulder). On to the pictures.

I mark the approximate location of the button holes. Here I have spaced them out 1 inch from each other.

After I am satisfied with how evenly spaced they are, I will measure the button hole length as compared to the actual size of the button. As a rule of estimate, your button hole should be the diameter of the button plus double its width.

Button hole stitch with the sewing machine. The process will vary with each sewing machine so refer to your manual.

Look forward to buttons in my next entry!

No comments: