Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Button Vest Cont'd

Short day today, as I got started rather late.

Now to start on the back panel. Here is half of the back pattern and this time I am using a chalk pencil to mark on the fabric.

A picture of my trusty french curve. This tool helps me draw armseyes and neck holes.

Measuring tape and chalk pencil are being used to bring focus to the pattern on the fabric.

Here's my pinking shears. Instead of a straight cut, these scissors cut a scalloped edge that helps prevent unravelling.

Slowly cutting out the back pattern.

I've pinned the two halves of the back outer shell together.

I sewed the two halves together but I forgot to take a picture. It's easy enough though, just a single seam down the center back.

I'm using the iron to press the seam flat.

I run a zig zag stitch down the back of the fabric edge to also help prevent unraveling.

Repeat same process again. This time with the fabric of the liner.

Random detail shot. Here is where I would use the french curve to complete the neck line.

Both liner halves are cut out and pinned together.

That is it for now. Stay tuned for the next update!

No comments: